1st Year Electrical Apprentice- Port Augusta MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
30th July 2020
MEGT are currently seeking applications for 1st year electrical apprentices who are willing to be trained in rail signalling concurrently whilst finishing their electrical trade. Must currently reside within an hour of Port Augusta as the role requires on-call abilities.
You must be willing to work remotely based out of Port Augusta on rostered cycles/swings.
About the role:
This role will see you install, modify, maintain and repair signalling and communication equipment, on the East West Corridor rail network. Working on rostered cycles/swings you will work a maximum of 12 days away in any swing and 1-2 weeks based out of Port Augusta, accruing RDO's as you go!
- Completed a Certificate II in Electrotechnology
- White card
- Available for an immediate start
- Keen to maximise your earning potential
- Willing to undertake the Certificate IV in Rail Signalling on the job
- Driver's License Class C
- Ability to travel
- Willing to work remotely based out of Port Augusta
- Willing to work in all weather conditions
- Strong safety focus
- Team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent maths skills
- Must be willing to travel, work on call and undertake paid overtime as required by ARTC
- Able to pass a National Criminal History Check
- Able to pass a full medical; including drug and alcohol testing
- Comfortable working at heights
- MUST currently reside within an hour of Port Augusta due to on-call requirements of the role
About the client:
Australian Rail Track Corporation, a major national organisation, is responsible for managing infrastructure maintenance, capital upgrades and the movement of trains on interstate railway track across South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia, New South Wales and Queensland, as well as the Hunter Valley Coal Rail Network.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
What's in it for you?
- A full time job
- TAFE training
- Nationally recognised qualification
- One on one mentoring and support
- Weekly pay
- Great career opportunities upon completion of your apprenticeship
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button and address your application in Word Format to Kate Gautier, Recruitment Consultant. Please direct all enquiries about this role to Kate Gautier on 0403 787 340.
Due to the large volume of applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
*** Please apply here: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0ZS5nYXV0aWVyLjMyNDM0LjczMjlAbWVndGF1LmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ ***
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.