1st Year Engineering Mechanical Apprenticeship MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
23rd November 2021
- Do you enjoy working with mechanics?
- Are you a hands on person who wants to get paid whilst getting a FREE qualification?
- Are you sick of inconsistent work and want to secure a FULL TIME position in a thriving industry?
If you answered yes to above then this is the opportunity for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a 1st Year Engineering Mechanical Apprentice to work with our host employer who are a well-known company Australia wide. Based in Penrith, we are looking for a motivated, committed, and reliable person who is wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training and a Certificate III in Engineering (Mechanical).
What will you be doing?
- Attend to breakdowns
- Fabrication of equipment, pull apart gearboxes, replacing motors ( removal and restore)
- Turn up a new shaft (motor) on a lathe
- Put components together ( fabricating brackets)
- Valve maintenance, pulling apart a valve, replace the seals, put it back together
- Trouble shooting (familiar with the equipment, how it operates and working out what the problem is, solution)
- Tig welding
What do you need for this role?
- Someone who is a team player, trustworthy and great work ethic
- Good hand eye skills
- Good attention to detail
- Happy helpful personality
- Ability to follow instruction
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Good math skills
- Hands on technical skills
What's in it for you?
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- A full time role
- TAFE training
- A nationally recognized qualification
- Ongoing support and mentoring from MEGT throughout your apprenticeship
Make this the year you commence your Mechanical Fitting career and set the path to success! Apply Now! For any inquiries please email Ashleigh at ashleighholl [email removed] (no space)
Established in 1993, MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognized qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.