1st Year Heavy Diesel Apprentice - Fitzroy North MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
31st July 2020
CBD and Inner City Suburbs, VIC
We have an exciting opportunity for those looking to commence their Heavy Diesel Mechanical Apprenticeship!
We are on the look out for motivated, committed and reliable talent - People who are wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training (and a certificate III) in Automotive Diesel Engine Technology.
Who will you be working for?
Our client is a leading public transport company in Austalasia. They have a team of over 5,700 employees working on their train, bus, ferry and light rail services across Australia and New Zealand.
What will you be doing?
- Perform simple automotive repairs - standard vehicle repairs
- Service and repair of TDM's fleet of buses as guided by the supervising mechanic, Workshop Supervisor or Workshop Manager
- Carry out both on and off the job training as directed by the Workshop Supervisor or delegate
- Liaise with the Workshop Supervisor regarding any hazards that may occur within the workplace
- To work in accordance with any scheduled roster and/or be flexible in hours of attendance to accommodate variances in workload
- Ensure workshop equipment is kept secure, clean and in proper working order
- Ensure work orders are accurately recorded daily for all maintenance work carried out, such as work conducted, labour times and parts allocation recorded on daily work order sheets and daily workshop diary
- Assist in part stock control, ordering and security
- Forward ideas of improvements to help towards company improvement, visions, growth, safety and image
- Attend workshop team meetings and relevant training courses as required
What are we looking for?
- Basic mechanical systems knowledge
- Effective customer service skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to continue improvement of working relationships and reliability through open and effective communications
- Ability to successfully complete training modules relevant to ensuring levels are reached enabling progression to tradesperson
What's in it for you?
- A full time job (38 hours)
- TAFE training
- Nationally recognised qualification
- Full PPE supplied- No need to pay for your own!
- One on one mentoring and support
- Weekly pay
- Great career opportunities upon completion of your apprenticeship
Established in 1993, MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
So, what are you waiting for?
Make 2020 the year you continue your Automotive career and set the path to success! Apply Now! Any further enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact sally @ megt.com.au (no spaces)
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
*** Please apply here: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2FsbHkudGF1ZmVyLjExODMwLjczMjlAbWVndGF1LmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ ***
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.