Aged Care Traineeship - Kingston SE MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
10th September 2021
South East, SA
In proud partnership with Limestone Coast Local Health Network, MEGT has opportunities available to take the first step in your career towards becoming a Direct Care Worker (Aged Care) Trainee. We are now recruiting Trainee Direct Care Workers.
Our mission at SA Health is to lead and deliver a comprehensive and sustainable health system that aims to ensure healthier, longer, and better lives for all South Australians.
Residents within the Limestone Coast Local Health Network have access to a wide range of health care services. The Limestone Coast region covers a large geographical area which consists of the Upper and Lower South East, and extends all the way to the Victorian border.
The health units within the Limestone Coast LHN have dedicated and experienced staff who strive to meet the needs of the community by providing the highest level of health care.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidates will be employed and hosted by MEGT for the 12-month traineeship duration, undertaking a Certificate III Individual Support (Aged Care) and on-the-job component. Opportunities are available in the Limestone Coast Local Health Network including Kingston, Penola, Millicent, Bordertown and Naracoorte.
The trainee will be providing services to clients living in the residential care facilities including:
- bathing, showering, personal hygiene, and grooming
- toileting/continence management
- maintenance of mobility/dexterity
- transfer/lifting, mechanical aids
- distribution of clean laundry/personal attire
- cleaning of equipment, aids, utensils in work area (including personal possessions)
- cleanliness and neatness of clients environment
- transportation of clients
- assist in the self-administration of medication on medical authority to clients
What are we looking for?
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate to people from different cultures, backgrounds and circumstances.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and timeframes.
- Ability to provide assistance and co-operation to other staff.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to perform work of a general nature under supervision.
- Experience in exercising own judgment and initiative in the day to day execution of a position.
- Experience in the use of computer packages eg. Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Knowledge and commitment to customer service principles.
Some extra requirements:
- A Current driver's licence and willingness to drive
- Current police clearance and NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Access to a reliable, registered and insured (minimum of third-party insurance) motor vehicle.
- Meet immunisation requirements as outlined by the Immunisation Guidelines for Health Care Workers in South Australia 2014
What's in it for you?
- Complete a Certificate III in Individual support (Aged Care)
- Earn a fulltime wage while working towards a qualification.
- Receive mentoring and support throughout your traineeship
So, what is next?
For further enquiries, please contact Michael on 0405 145 814
Visit the I Work For SA website to learn more about opportunities for trainees, apprentices and university graduates in the SA Public Sector.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.