Apprentice Horticulturalist MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
19th February 2021
Horticulture Apprenticeship, Sydney NSW
MEGT is proud to partner with Australian Tuft Club in the search for the next generation Horticulture Apprentices, who will be exposed to world-class facilities and the art and science that makes it all happen!
ATC prides itself on being a driving force behind the sustainability and growth of racing in Sydney. They offer some of the world`s most desirable and exciting destination for thoroughbred racing.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable practical and theoretical experience and knowledge from the best in the business and to secure a long-term career. You will be working full-time whilst completing a Certificate 3 in Horticulture / Parks and Gardens / and can even pick from the following locations:
What will you be doing?
Under the supervision of skilled professionals, who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and expertise, some of your duties will include:
- Operating a Ride-on mower
- Maintenance of training facilities
- Maintenance of parks and garden
- Mowing and snipping
- Preparing surfaces
- Regularly attending and participating in TAFE studies
What we are looking for:
Candidates who are seeking longevity, stability and who are keen to learn about the racing industry. You will also have:
- The ability to follow directions and learn
- Attention to detail and a safe demeanour at all time
- A personal vehicle and valid licence (preferable)
- Physical fitness and self-motivation
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to commit to and complete your apprenticeship
What`s in it for you?
- An amazing career opportunity with the industry leader
- A nationally recognised qualification free of charge
- A dedicated MEGT Field Officer who will assist you through your apprenticeship
- All the PPE you require and a student concession card
- Learn from the best in the business and feel secure about your job
Please note that the successful candidate would be required to complete a pre-employment medical, which will include a drug and alcohol screen. You will also be able to obtain a National Police Clearance
If you feel you meet most of the above requirements hit 'apply' now and submit your resume to MEGT today. For further enquiries please contact Amanda on 0417 302 245
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.