Business Admin Traineeship - Croydon MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
11th February 2019
Eastern Suburbs, VIC
This is an opportunity to gain full time, paid work whilst working towards a Nationally recognised qualification, a Certificate III in Business!
Are you looking to kick start your career in the business industry while completing a formal qualification? This is your chance. We are searching for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join this busy and friendly team located in Croydon! Gain valuable hands on experience while gaining a qualification in Business Administration.
Founded in 1908, our client is an Australian public university predominantly based in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. They are a world-ranked university leading the way in innovation, industry engagement and social inclusion. Their education, high-quality research and industry partnerships create positive change for their students, staff and the broader community. Although our client is primarily university this specific campus focuses on trades training, as well as youth programs such as pre-apprenticeships and the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning.
What you'll be doing?
Under the broad direction of the Executive Assistant and other team members you will:
- Provide general administrative support and assistance to the Major Projects team; including, but not limited to: document preparation, diary management and resource procurement to ensure the smooth operation of activities.
- Become familiar with, and proficient in the use of Swinburne systems and processes.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner.
Under the broad direction of Project Managers you will;
- Assist with the coordination of assigned projects.
- Provide administrative support to a wide range of current and future projects.
- Assist with compiling project reports and documentation.
- Work effectively within the Major Projects team to achieve consistency of service delivery.
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork and the maintenance of a supportive work environment.
- A proactive and organised individual experienced in relating effectively to people from a range of social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- A collaborative team-player with excellent work ethic and capable working under pressure
- Reliable and punctual individual who demonstrates initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good written and verbal communication skills
- General proficiency with computers and comprehensive skills in Microsoft Office applications, in particular - Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to be punctual, reliable and dependable
- Sound knowledge of a range of computer software applications and experience in the maintenance of electronic data and manual records systems
- Customer service experience
- Australian drivers licence and own car
- Ability to obtain a Working With Children Check card
What's in it for you?
Join a growing national organisation as a trainee and watch your career soar! A traineeship is an amazing opportunity to gain not only paid experience working in a highly sought- after industry but to attain a Nationally Recognised Qualification with an award-winning traineeship provider.
Other benefits include;
- Weekly pay
- A full-time job
- Regular one-on-one mentoring and support from a dedicated MEGT Mentor
- Regular training from a specialist Workplace Delivery Trainer
- Dedicated paid study time whilst at work
- Career opportunities
This traineeship will elevate your level of professionalism and employability. Don't miss out on opportunity to be part of such a vibrant and forward moving team. Recent School leavers are encouraged to apply! For further enquiries please contact Sal Taufer (03) 8878 5425.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
*** Please apply here: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2FsbHkudGF1ZmVyLjIyMTc3LjczMjlAbWVndGF1LmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ ***
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.