Business Traineeship - Accounts - (Government) Melbourne CBD MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
9th January 2019
CBD and Inner City Suburbs, VIC
MEGT are a not for profit organisation who make apprenticeships and traineeships happen. We employ almost 1000 apprentices and trainees across the country and are committed to helping create a skilled nation.
Seeking an opportunity to learn, grow and achieve?
Looking for a challenge and variety?
Enthusiastic and self-motivated?
This is a real career start within a supportive environment, where the successful trainee will have the opportunity to develop their experience and skills on the job while working towards completing a Certificate III in Business, and becoming a qualified Administration Guru.
- Assist in processing invoices and other similar documents for payment and Oracle document storage
- Creation and amendment of suppliers and attending to associated supplier queries
- Attending to customer queries (including internal and supplier)
- Email maintenance
- Processing of overseas payments
- Participate in project activities within or affecting the department
- Other duties as required
- Weekly pay
- A full-time job
- Paid study time
- 12-month contract
- One on one on the job training
- Nationally recognised qualification - a Certificate III in Business
- One on one mentoring and support
Key Selection Criteria;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, including dealing with internal (departmental) and
external persons (suppliers etc)
- Demonstrated ability to time manage and prioritise workloads with limited supervision
- Ability to problem solve, in the context of a financial environment (desirable)
- Appropriate finance experience in the administration and payment of accounts (desirable)
- Flexible and willing to learn and take on other duties as directed.
Jobs Victoria offers young people skills and qualifications via paid work experience in the Victorian Public Service. The Youth Employment Scheme (YES) offers young people aged 15 to 24 an opportunity to work in the Victorian Public Service (VPS) or an agency of government for 12 months while studying for a Certificate III or IV qualification. As this is a YES Traineeship there are Position Specific Requirements.
Position Specific Requirements;
- Must be aged between 15-24 years of age at the commencement of the traineeship;
- Be unemployed or not working more than 15 hours per week;
- Not be currently engaged in tertiary education;
- Not have attained a university level qualification.
For more information about The Youth Employment Scheme visit https://jobs.vic.gov.au/about-jobs-victoria/youth-employment-scheme
Don't miss out on this one! Apply to MEGT now, by sending your resume together with you covering letter, outlining how you meet the selection criteria, and state why you think you would be perfect for this job.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
For any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact Celeste Garro on (03) 8878 5403.
*** Please apply here: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2FsbHkudGF1ZmVyLjU2NTQxLjczMjlAbWVndGF1LmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ ***
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.