Business Traineeship - Shepparton MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
11th January 2019
MEGT are a not for profit organisation who make apprenticeships and traineeships happen. We employ almost 1000 apprentices and trainees across the country and are committed to helping create a skilled nation.
Our Business Traineeship is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to take the first steps to a successful and fulfilling career with a recognised industry leader. You will be energetic and motivated to develop your skills and qualifications through a combination of on-the-job experience in a supportive team environment and formal training.
You will be working with one of Australia's leading Engineering Contractors, who is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to provide administrative and office support relating to records management, data entry, accounts/invoices, purchasing, procurement, communications and meeting/event logistics.
What will you be doing?
As a Trainee, you will complete a Certificate III in Business over a 12 month period whilst gaining valuable hands on industry experience.
The successful applicant will provide administrative and office support relating to records management, data entry, accounts/invoices, purchasing, procurement, communications and meeting/event logistics. Some of your duties may include;
- Managing and maintain projecting records, ensuring that information is accurate, up-to-date and stored.
- Composing status reports relevant to the project's operations
- Coordinating, track and analyse the purchasing of goods
- Processing invoices; purchase orders; prepare expense claims; administration of petty cash; maintain stationary budget; and process timesheets
- Communicating and liaising with the client, external vendors, subcontractors and community stakeholders for administrative purposes
- Coordinating meetings or events which may include preparing agendas, invitations, catering, note/minute taking, distributing actions and general organisational support
- Providing receptionist and secretarial support to the Project Manager and broader team as required
- Providing basic support to colleagues on various systems and programs
- Taking care of the office workspace, mail and office equipment
- Performing all duties in accordance with policies, processes, reporting, systems and procedures
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer);
- Basic data entry skills;
- Customer service experience (preferred);
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Great time management with the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Fantastic attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal) who is hard working and reliable
- Highly organised and adaptable with admirable computer literacy - PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Positive and professional individual who takes ownership and uses initiative
- A well-presented and self-motivated team player who is keen and eager to learn
What's in it for you?
A traineeship is an amazing opportunity to gain not only paid experience working in a highly sought-after industry but to attain a Nationally Recognised Qualification with an award-winning traineeship provider.
Other benefits include;
- Weekly pay
- A full-time job
- Regular visits from a dedicated MEGT Mentor
- Regular training from a specialist Workplace Delivery Trainer
- Dedicated paid study time whilst at work
- Career opportunities
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, eager to learn and have a strong desire to develop a career in their chosen traineeship.
If you would like to find out more about this amazing opportunity or if you are ready to apply and can commit to a 12-month traineeship, hit the 'Apply Now' button now and send your resume to MEGT today!
Any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact Elyse on (03) 8878 5427.
MEGT (Australia) are a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
*** Please apply here: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWx5c2Uua2Vza2VzaWFkaXMuMDU3OTQuNzMyOUBtZWd0YXUuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t ***
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.