Commercial Cookery Apprenticeship - 1st Year - Urraween BUSY At Work Career and Placement
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
20th November 2020
Wide Bay - Burnett, QLD
Our client, is a busy Cafe and Restaurant Company who is currently seeking a 1st Year Commercial Cookery Apprentice to complete their qualification.
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone with a desire and passion to kick start their career and looking to gain practical on-the-job experience while completing their Certificate III in Commercial Cookery. The purpose of this position is to provide the opportunity to develop skills and through completing on the job training and training at Tafe. You will gain sound skills as an apprentice chef in the hospitality and food industry.
- To Assist kitchen in the day to day operation and develop skills and knowledge as a chef Attitude
- Self-motivation and a passion for cooking
- Good work ethic and a commitment to learning
- Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times
- Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
The Apprentice Chef is accountable for his / her decisions and actions that impact on internal and external customers and the manner in which job description functions are discharged
Tasks and responsibilities
1. Assist more senior chefs in preparing meals in either part or in full
2. Responsible for executing allocated dishes on time to the required standard
3. Work as part of the kitchen team under the direction of the head chef, sous chef and chef de parties to support the demands of the kitchen
4. Responsible for basic food preparation by:
a) Demonstrating knife techniques such as chopping, cutting, slicing, dicing and trimming
b) Performing peeling, beating/whipping, rinsing and straining etc duties
5. Responsible for foodstuff preparation by Preparing salads, garnishes, coating and batters according to daily requirements
6. Being aware of safety procedures and operation of major equipment e.g; fryers, Bain marie, fridges etc
7. Utilising and rotating stock as required
8. Responsible for assisting in the cleanliness of the kitchen area by disposing of all rubbish according to kitchen procedures and washing down floor area
9. Responsible for assisting in the receiving and sorting of goods by checking and receipting delivery and storing goods according to correct procedures
10. Work in a clean and tidy manner
11. Undertake training as required
14. Comply with all health and safety regulations.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by management
16. Comply at all times with the Staff Code of Conduct.
17. Comply with the provisions of the Company Policies and set an example for more junior members of staff.
18. Any other duties as requested by management
- have a current Driver's License and car
- Be self motivated and passionate for cooking
- have a good work ethic and commitment to learning
- maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times.
APPLY NOW to be considered!
BUSY At Work assist employers and apprentices in connecting to create positive and fruitful apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities.