Coxswain Grade 1 Trainee - Identified MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
11th January 2022
Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander Person
Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1) Traineeship Gladstone Qld
MEGT has an exciting opportunity for an Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander person to complete a Traineeship in the Maritime industry.
If you enjoy being on the water and would like to develop skills which would allow you to command your own small boat, this may be the traineeship for you.
All training will take place within the sheltered waters in the Bay off Gladstone Qld.
As a trainee Coxwain, you will learn to:
- Navigate and steer a small commercial vessel
- Maintain the engines and other equipment on board the vessel.
- Assist in mooring & unmooring vessels
- Updating the vessel log book
- Use ropes and chains, rigging gear and anchors
- Operation of winches and windlasses.
To apply for this role you must:
- Identify as an Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander Person
- Be willing and able to complete a Certificate II qualification in Maritime Operations
- Be able to commit to a 12 month traineeship
- Enjoy working and being on the water.
- Be mechanically minded
- Be physically fit
The successful candidate would need to pass a Medical including a drug and alcohol tests as well as a Police Check.
To apply, please up load your Resume. Applications close 24th January 2022.
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.