Diesel Fitting Apprenticeship - Roma GOLDEN WEST APPRENTICESHIPS LIMITED
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
1st April 2021
South West, QLD
The purpose of this Diesel Fitting Apprenticeship in Roma is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Diesel Fitting Apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge required to be involved in the repair, servicing and maintenance of earthmoving and agricultural machinery. The work you undertake will also involve the repair, servicing and maintenance of heavy lift vehicles and stationary plant equipment (i.e. lift motors, generator sets, etc). As an apprentice you will also perform work on engines, cooling systems, automatic transmissions, brakes, clutches, gear boxes, fuel pumps, axle assemblies and electrical equipment. You will use a wide range of hand tools and electrical/air power tools, welding equipment, hydraulic presses, cranes or gantries, tuning equipment, and lathes whilst undertaking the role.
This is a great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Diesel Fitting Apprenticeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.
What you need to do now!
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Diesel Fitting Apprenticeship in Roma is for you.
Apply today at the Golden West Apprenticeships website - www.goldenwest.org.au - or phone 1300 650 775 to find out more!
Golden West Apprenticeships understands that for our communities to thrive and grow, skills need to be developed and sourced locally. As a community based, not-for-profit organisation, we are committed to developing these skills through apprenticeships and traineeships.
Golden West Apprenticeships employs apprentices and trainees across all trade industries across the Darling Downs, South and Central West regions of Queensland. In partnership with our host employers, we are committed to connecting local apprentices and trainees with quality and meaningful employment. We provide a dedicated and personal service to support the apprenticeship and traineeship process from commencement to completion.
Over the past 30 years, Golden West has supported over 7,500 jobseekers into employment and completed over 3,500 Australian Apprentices. During this time, we have built an extremely experienced and knowledgeable team. We are your local experts in apprenticeships and traineeships.
Improving regional employment outcomes is a key priority for Golden West Apprenticeships. Our team is dedicated to meeting the vocational education and trainee needs of regional and rural Queensland. We are helping to change lives, create careers and build sustainable communities.