Engineering Mechanical Trade Apprenticeship- Fitter MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
11th April 2019
MEGT Australia matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst at the same time earning a full-time wage!
In this role, you will primarily work in a large on-site workshop, with trades persons and technicians to learn from and work with. You will work for an industry-leading packaging solutions and displays company with an unrivalled global reputation.
Functions and responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Under instruction from the Trades-Person, read and interpret job specifications, blueprints, engineering or design drawings and schematics.
- Maintain and use hand and power tools.
- Under instruction from the Trades-Person perform bench work including assembly and disassembly, modification, cleaning, measuring, inspection and testing of equipment and machines
- Conduct preventative maintenance according to site requirements and maintenance schedule and enter required data into maintenance systems.
- Update maintenance checklists for any maintenance issues and act on items identified.
- Follow established safety and environmental policies and procedures, and promote continuous improvement of safety and environmental performance in the workplace.
- Understand and apply company policies, procedures and tools.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Working side by side with some amazing technical minds and specialists in their field, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and traits:
- Mechanical reasoning skills, aptitude and a basic understanding of engineering/fitting
- Physically able to perform the inherent requirements of the role
- Willingness to learn and be solution focused
- Have a strong aptitude for mathematics
- Be willing to commit to an apprenticeship
- 1st and 2nd Year Apprentices encouraged to apply
- Safety conscious
- Strong communication skills and work well within a team
- Drivers Licence and reliable vehicle
You will undertake a 4-year Apprenticeship and attend TAFE where required to obtain this qualification. The first stage of the selection process will involve a phone interview and only successful applicants will be contacted. Final interview stage will be an onsite interview with the host employer.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
Should you have any questions or would like more information regarding this position, please contact Emma Callinan on 3387 0684.
To apply for this position, please send your covering letter and resume by pressing on the below 'Apply for this job'
*** Please apply here: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW15LnJhY2tsZXkuNTQ4MzIuNzMyOUBtZWd0YXUuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t ***
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.