Fabrication Apprenticeship! MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
21st September 2021
MEGT (Australia) Ltd makes Apprenticeships and Traineeships happen. If you are looking at starting your career, an Apprenticeship is a great way to receive training and skills while you are working.
Our client is a world's leading provider of solutions and services in the fields of water, hygiene and infection prevention. Every day they make sure that the world becomes cleaner, safer and healthier - they protect people and conserve vital resources.
As a 1st Year Fabrication Apprentice, you will be working alongside and learning from highly experienced tradesmen. This position would suit a school leaver or someone who has recently completed a Pre-Apprenticeship in Engineering / Fabrication. We are looking for a mechanically minded superstar!
Initial duties will include:
- Assisting tradesman (boiler makers and light vehicle mechanics)
- Working on small structural frameworks
- Assisting store-man
- Cleaning and sorting workshop
- Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment
- Use hand and power tools, gas torches, and welding equipment with assistance
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this opportunity ideally you will have:
- Drivers Licence and own transport
- Completed Year 12 High School Education
- Ability to demonstrate working in a team environment
- Superior Safety Awareness
- Work experience or completed Pre App in Engineering
- Basic understanding of mechanics and demonstrate an interest in this field
- Long term career goals to grow with the company
- Have strong computer skills
- Receive a Trade qualification in Certificate 3 in Engineering Fabrication Trade
- MEGT Field Officer for constant support in the Apprenticeship
- Earn a Full time wage while working towards a qualification
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take your career to new heights and are ready to join a company who are looking to hire the industry's best and brightest talent - simply hit 'Apply' now and send your resume to MEGT today.
The first stage of the selection process will involve a phone interview and only successful applicants will be contacted. Final interview stage will be an onsite interview with the Host Employer, along with completing a pre employment medical, including drug and alcohol test.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion
Should you have any questions or would like more information regarding this position, please contact Sharn Battaglia on 0428 340 345
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.