Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technician Apprentice MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
17th November 2021
- Are you a hands on person who wants to get paid whilst getting a FREE qualification?
- Have you decided that University isn't for you and you want to get straight into a career?
- Are you sick of inconsistent work and want to secure a FULL TIME position in a thriving industry?
If you answered yes to above then this is the opportunity for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a 1st year Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technician Apprentice to work with our client founded in 1974, today, they are an Australian owned business with a national footprint committed to delivering services in arboriculture, vegetation management, consultancy and systems while securing your Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology at their Mount Kuring-Gai location!
What will you be doing?
Ensure all maintenance and regular servicing on diesel fleet, plant and machinery is always carried out in a safe and road worthy condition.
- Ensure safe use of a wide range of tools including hand and power tools as well as diagnostic and electrical measuring equipment.
- Perform maintenance services including minor body repairs and utilise computers to seek and download service and parts information.
- Ensure the inspection, maintenance and repairing of transmissions, driveline and sub-assemblies.
- Service maintain and repair various steering, suspension, braking systems and the hydraulic systems issues, whilst ensuring all parts are tested and adjusted to guarantee proper and safe performance.
- Regulate and ensure work is performed in compliance with environmental and WHS relations whilst also working safe and efficiently.
- Ensure all workshop tools, equipment and machinery is kept cleaned and maintained whilst also ensuring that the worksites and fleet workshop is safely maintained.
- Complete any other task as directed by your supervisor/manager.
What do you need for this role?
- Drivers licence
- Experience working within workshops is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Ability to follow direction and perform tasks under supervision
- Commitment to working safely and adhering to all WHS regulations
- Physically fit and able to maintain consistent output throughout the working day
What's in it for you?
- A full time role
- TAFE training
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Weekly pay
- Ongoing support and mentoring from MEGT throughout your apprenticeship
Make this the year you commence your Heavy Diesel Mechanic career and set the path to success! Apply Now!
Established in 1993, MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.