Heavy Vehicle Tyre Fitter Traineeship MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
26th April 2021
We are looking for positive, energized people who are passionate about the automotive industry. You don't need to have tyre industry experience as you will be trained on the job, but you will be mechanically minded and be a good problem solver.
You will be committed to providing excellence in customer services by safely performing services on the customers vehicle in the workshop. You will also;
- Have a strong understanding and commitment to safety
- Enjoy hands on physical work
- Have good time management skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Take pride in a job well done
- Ability to work autonomously
- Hold a current driver's license (Light Rigid Truck License preferred but company may support you to get this)
About the role
Once trained you will be working on our customer sites, where you will safely perform services on our customer vehicles unsupervised. You will be available for call outs and Saturday work.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing customer service and upselling our products & services
- Removing existing truck tyres and fitting replacements on commercial vehicles and fleet trucks
- Diagnosing and assessing truck tyre damage and wear
- Selecting correct truck tyres, tubes, rims and accessories
- Diagnosing wheel balance problems and balancing wheels
- Communicating safety and service requirements to customers instore
What's on offer
Working for a trusted national company brings the opportunity for a rewarding long-term career. We offer:
- Career pathways into store management, field sales roles, contact centre and office support roles
- On the job training and development opportunities
- Competitive hourly rate, tyre fitter bonus & opportunities for overtime
- Tyre discounts for you and your family
- All workshop tools provided
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion
If you are interested in this role please contact Daisy on 0429 921 920
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.