Horticulture Traineeship MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
13th March 2019
Eastern Suburbs, VIC
We have an exciting opportunity for those looking to commence their Horticulture Traineeship!
We are on the look out for motivated, committed and reliable talent - People who are wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training (and a certificate III) in Horticulture.
What will you be doing?
- Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields.
- Maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment.
- Plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
- Harvest fruits and vegetables by hand.
- Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Inform Farm Managers of crop progress.
- Drive a small truck (Victorian license required) for deliveries to and from warehouse as well as pick-up goods as needed.
- Operate forklift, excavator, tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
- Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of crops.
- Erect, dismantle or repair farm buildings, and other structures.
- Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
- Apply pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers to crops.
- Hand watering plants
What are we looking for?
- Ability to undertake manual/physical work
- Desire to learn all things Horticulture
- Punctual, reliable and energetic
- Certificate II in Horticulture (highly regarded!)
- Previous experience working in a team
- Strong work etiquette
- Must have a drivers licence and own transport
What's in it for you?
- A full time job (38 hours)
- TAFE training
- Great opportunity to complete your Horticulture Traineeship (2 years commitment)
- One on one mentoring and support
- Weekly pay
Established in 1993, MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
So, what are you waiting for?
Make 2019 the year you launch your Horticulture career and set the path to success! Apply Now! Any further enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact Elyse on (03) 8878 5427.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
*** Please apply here: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWx5c2Uua2Vza2VzaWFkaXMuODYyMTQuNzMyOUBtZWd0YXUuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t ***
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.