Indigenous Business Admin Trainee MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
12th October 2020
North West, QLD
MEGT in partnership with the Department of State Development, Tourism & Innovation (DSDTI) are looking for an enthusiastic Indigenous trainee to join our team for a Business Administration Trainee in the DSDTI Mt Isa office.
This is an identified position and a great entry level opportunity for an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person looking to kick start their career in business administration. Initially you will be working under close direction using DSDTI established practices, procedures and instructions.
We are looking for a candidate who is wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training in Administration and gain a Certificate III in Business Admin.
About the opportunity:
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for general and financial administration systems, corporate management systems, office processes and business systems and registers including: file maintenance, security, storage and retrieval requirements, recording of monthly statistics, resource booking procedures, support purchasing activities, booking meetings
- Maintain confidentiality and security of data and resources
- Undertake customer support services including the preparation of correspondence, reports, work instructions, procedures, departmental memoranda, letters, work plans and business plans
- Carrying out administrative procedures associated with regional economic development activities
- Work effectively as part of a team
The successful candidate will require the following skills:
- Friendly personality
- Reliable and punctual
- Mature approach to work
- Great attitude towards new challenges & professional development
- High attention to detail
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer Skills
- Strong organisational skills
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, who has a great attitude and wants to advance your career in administration we would love to hear from you!
For any queries, please email -
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.