Information Technology and Telecommunications Trainee MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
23rd December 2020
Our client are a successful electronics company specialising in a wide scope of technologies predominately the internet and phone systems. We are searching for a motivated trainee with a genuine interest in information technology and telecommunications to step into this 12 month traineeship with the idea to progress post traineeship.
As an IT Telecommunications Trainee you will be working on a range of internet and phone communication hardware and software and your duties will include:
- Level 1 helpdesk support to customers over the phone
- Logging faults with suppliers and wholesalers
- Liaising with technicians to arrange on site assistance and maintenance
- Organising new orders and installations
- Office admin duties will also be included
What you need to succeed?
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Be technically minded
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have good problem solving and fault finding skills
- Excellent customer service skills and able to work well in a team
- Able to commit to a 12 month traineeship
Benefits of a traineeship
As a MEGT Business Trainee you will be working full time hours Monday-Friday while completing a Certificate III in Information Technology and Telecommunication. The cost of your qualification is covered and you will be given time at work to focus on your studies. You will have a dedicated MEGT mentor throughout your traineeship and be given a student concession card.
As this is an entry level position, anyone with prior qualifications above certificate 4 including diplomas and university studies will unfortunately not be eligible to undertake this traineeship.
If you are interested in this position and match the criteria please send your resume through today. Any questions please call Kate on 0417 302 245.
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.