IT Field Engineer Trainee MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
22nd November 2021
Eastern Suburbs, VIC
APPLY NOW for the Field Engineer Traineeship Program | Get certified in major Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) products
Do you want to build your career with a leading, global IT organisation?
Does the below sound like you?
- A school leaver / OR a candidate looking to further develop your IT career
- Time management skills to juggle work, Cert IV, and additional certifications
- Customer service driven
- Ability to follow processes directions well, to achieve Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Ability to resolve basic problems with supervision
- General knowledge of desktop hardware and software including basic knowledge of Microsoft applications preferred
- A valid Australian driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Australian Citizen to be eligible for government clearance
About the Field Engineer Traineeship Program
As a Trainee Field Engineer, you will progress with the required training both on the job and online with the opportunity to progress to a Field Engineer in 12 months' time. You will be provided study time to complete your online traineeship requirements and your onsite on the job training will see you work in a supportive environment. Your assignments will include repair activities such as replaceable unit swapping, image loading, and unit testing using a detailed script. You will also perform other non-troubleshooting duties. Direction will be provided by script, help desk or service desk in a Same Business Day (SBD) and/or Next Business Day (NBD) service delivery environment.
Further duties of this traineeship program will include, but are not limited to:
- Private Label Service (PLS) Support for calls to clients
- Installing and servicing PCs, PC peripherals and/or electronic equipment
- Takes service calls and perform incident specific activities
- Routine installs, moves, adds and changes
- Performs scripted image loading, unit diagnostics and replaceable unit swapping
- Troubleshooting and perform basic module replacement on PCs, servers and peripherals
- Preventative maintenance as directed
Benefits as a trainee
- While MEGT will be your legal employer, you'll be placed with a global leading IT business, where you will gain IT knowledge and practical work experience, whilst also gaining a Certificate IV in IT
- This Program will also see you gain some of the latest Dell, Lenovo, and Apple certifications
- Personalised mentoring throughout your training
- Possible opportunity for you to continue working for your Host Employer as a permanent team member at the completion of your traineeship
Hit APPLY NOW! OR for any further questions, please contact Natalie Edmondson from our Recruitment team.
By submitting your application, you are providing your consent for your personal information to be shared with the partners involved in this Traineeship Program.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and
providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
*Eligibility requirements apply*
Workers required to be vaccinated OR medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.