IT Technician Traineeship MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
11th October 2021
Greater Hobart, TAS
MEGT in conjunction with our Host Employer, are looking for an IT Superstar based in Hobart. This Traineeship is within the Information Technology Services Division, and we are looking for a enthusiastic, hands on individual who thrives on a challenge and would enjoy working for a progressive government branch. As a Trainee, you will complete a Certificate 3 in IT, Information, Digital Media and Technology over a 12 month period (and paid!), whilst gaining valuable hands on industry experience in a fast paced and supportive team environment.
** Please note, anyone with prior qualifications above Certificate III, including Diplomas and University studies from Australia and overseas will unfortunately not be eligible to undertake this traineeship **
Your duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Provide technical support to clients, diagnosing problems and investigation of queries
- High volume customer service via phone, email and face to face interactions
- Attending client sites for installs and maintenance of programs
- Optimise operating system software
- Run standard diagnostic tests
- Assisting other team members when required
- Undertake other basic system administration duties as trained and directed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous exposure in a customer service environment
- Are a recent school leaver
- Intermediate Computer Literacy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and presentation
- Reliable on the job, high initiative and adaptability
- The successful Trainee will be required to complete a Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP).
Our Host Employer values their team members and will have Senior Technicians assigned to the Trainee for mentoring and support on the job. In this Traineeship, you will gain valuable on-the-job skills that complement the formal training you receive through the Certificate you are completing. This provides an opportunity for trainees to gain significant knowledge in a wide range of client and server-based systems.
- Receive a qualification whilst being paid in the job, Certificate 3 in IT, Information, Digital Media and Technology
- No weekend work, office hours are Monday to Friday
- MEGT Field Officer for constant support in the Traineeship
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take your career to new heights and are ready to join a company who are looking to hire the industry's best and brightest talent - simply hit 'Apply' now and send your resume to MEGT today.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion
For any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact Natalie from the recruitment team.
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.