IT Traineeship Certificate III (Government) - Melbourne CBD MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
14th March 2019
CBD and Inner City Suburbs, VIC
Who are we?
MEGT make apprenticeships and traineeships happen! MEGT has been supporting employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for 35 years. We provide quality employment and training solutions that make a positive difference to our community.
Our client is a government department, with their office in the Melbourne Central Business District. Their vision is to be recognised and respected leaders in whole-of-government policy and performance. They are committed to strong policy outcomes, engaged citizens, professional public administration and high performance. You will be working within The Corporate Services division. They work to transform organisational culture, embed with principles and support to all staff, including a focus on women in leadership and leadership capability. The division is also responsible for information communication and technology, budget, corporate strategy, risk management, systems and processes and provides whole-of-government ICT procurement.
About the role
As a technology trainee, you will be working full time whilst completing on the job training. Your duties will include:
- Effective delivery of ICT services, including the coordination of external providers, including CenITex
- Contributing to the delivery of ICT projects and change management by improving the levels of service provided, removing IT complexity and simplifying systems
- Assisting in developing documentation to the ICT knowledgebase that reflects current functionality, operating procedures and processes, provide user training as required
- Responding to requests for information and clarification from internal and external stakeholders, responsible for updating and maintaining the ICT Service Management system
- Ensuring compliance with all Government policies and procedures
- Demonstrating organisational values and actions which align with organisational expectations and their vision
Key selection criteria:
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Professionally presented with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- A high attention to detail with great time management and organisational skills
- A positive and friendly individual who demonstrates initiative
- An understanding of general office practices
- Knowledge in supporting general technology systems with the ability to interpret and summarise written material.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Proficient in the use of various computer systems and Microsoft Office (essential)
- Successfully completed year 12
Jobs Victoria offers young people skills and qualifications via paid work experience in the Victorian Public Service. The Youth Employment Scheme (YES) offers young people aged 15 to 24 an opportunity to work in the Victorian Public Service (VPS) or an agency of government for 12 months while studying for a Certificate III or IV qualification. As this is a YES Traineeship there are Position Specific Requirements.
Position Specific Requirements;
- Must be aged between 15-24 years of age at the commencement of the traineeship;
- Be unemployed or not working more than 15 hours per week;
- Not be currently engaged in tertiary education;
- Not have attained a university level qualification.
You will be working full time for a Government department, earning a weekly wage. You will also be enrolled in a nationally recognised training course, which is fully paid for by the employer! You will have regular, one on one support throughout your traineeship and on completion of your traineeship you will have access to ongoing opportunities for progression and development.
Don't miss out on this one! Apply to MEGT now, by sending your resume together with you covering letter, outlining how you meet the selection criteria, and state why you think you would be perfect for this job.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
For any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact Sally Taufer (03) 8878 5425.
*** Please apply here: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2FsbHkudGF1ZmVyLjE0MzQ1LjczMjlAbWVndGF1LmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ ***
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.