Leasehand Traineeship - FIFO MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
16th November 2021
Darling Downs, QLD
Schlumberger, in conjunction with MEGT are looking for an enthusiastic, hands on individual who is motivated and eager to learn. As a trainee, you will initially complete a Certificate II in Drilling Operations and Well Services (and paid!) over a 12 month period with a view to move into a Certificate III thereafter, whilst gaining valuable hands on industry experience in a supportive team environment.
Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in 120 countries, they design, develop, and deliver technology that transforms how work is done. They specialize in reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing and offer the most comprehensive range of products and services in the industry.
This role is a FIFO 2:2 role with 12.5 hour days mobilising from Toowoomba to land rigs located in Roma, Chinchilla and Dalby.
- Receive a qualification whilst being paid in the job, Certificate II & III in Drilling Operations and Well Services
- MEGT Field Officer for constant support in the Traineeship
- Long term career opportunities and growth
- Entry Level Opportunity into the Oil and Gas Industry
Your duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Assisting Rig Floor Operations
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Assisting with physical labour
- Assist with crane and forklift operators in off-loading and loading drilling materials and supplies
- Conduct preventative maintenance
- Assisting crew members with quality control and health and safety management
- Ability to understand hazard control and materials
- Learn and develop an understanding of drilling pipe
- Rig cleanliness and housekeeping
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Valid Australian Driver's Licence
- Year 12 Certificate (Would suit a recent school leaver)
- Minimum 18 years old
- Comfortable with FIFO work and volume of hours (2:2 roster with 12.5 hour days)
- Physically fit
- Dilligent to safety and following instructions
- Comfortable with working at heights
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Eager and willing to learn
- Enjoys a mechanical and physical environment
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take your career to new heights and are ready to join a company who are looking to hire the industry's best and brightest talent - simply hit 'Apply' now and send your resume to MEGT today. For any inquiries please contact Carissa on 0405 352 417
*Please note that if you currently hold a cert III or higher in any post-school qualification, you will not be eligible for this traineeship*
Only applicants with Australian Working Rights will be considered.
The first stage of the selection process will involve a phone interview and only successful applicants will be contacted. Final interview stage will be a virtual interview with Schlumberger.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.