Mechanical Technician Trainee MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
11th May 2022
South West, QLD
Schlumberger, in conjunction with MEGT are looking for an enthusiastic, hands on individual who is motivated and eager to learn. As a trainee, you will complete a Certificate III in Engineering - Technical (and paid!), whilst gaining valuable hands on industry experience in a supportive team environment.
Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in 120 countries, they design, develop, and deliver technology that transforms how work is done. They specialize in reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing and offer the most comprehensive range of products and services in the industry.
- Receive a qualification whilst being paid in the job, Certificate 3 in Engineering - Technical
- MEGT Field Officer for constant support in the Traineeship
- Long term career opportunities and growth
- Entry Level Opportunity into the Oil and Gas Industry
Your duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Execute and close out maintenance wok orders and requests
- Maintain existing equipment
- Conduct all maintenance scheduling requirements
- Perform equipment evaluations, checks and parts requirements
- Support lead maintenance teams
- Contribute to continuous improvements and efficiency's
- Use internal computerised maintenance management systems for tracking and recording of work requirements
- Process planning and mathematical techniques
- Work out of the Roma workshop
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Valid Australian Driver's Licence
- Year 12 Certificate (Would suit a recent school leaver)
- Mathematical Skills
- Computer Literate
- Eagerness and willingness to learn
- Team player
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Reside in Roma, QLD
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take your career to new heights and are ready to join a company who are looking to hire the industry's best and brightest talent - simply hit 'Apply' now and send your resume to MEGT today. For any inquiries please contact Carissa on 0405 352 417
Only applicants with Australian Working Rights will be considered.
The first stage of the selection process will involve a phone interview and only successful applicants will be contacted. Final interview stage will be an onsite or virtual interview with Schlumberger.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.