Parks and Garden Apprentice MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
11th January 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for someone looking to commence their Parks & Gardens Apprenticeship!
We are on the look out for motivated, committed and reliable talent - People who are wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training (and a certificate III) in Parks and Gardens.
Who will you be working for?
Established in 1883, our client has enjoyed a rich and vibrant history of thoroughbred horse racing at its unique amphitheatre track and was the first Australian metropolitan track to conduct night racing.
What will you be doing?
The full spectrum of Parks and Gardens duties including but not limited to;
- Read landscape plans and construct rockeries, paths or ponds
- Assist with the preparation and planting of garden beds and landscapes as required
- Mowing, brush-cutting and edging of parks, reserves and open spaces as required
- Plant and transplant flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns
- Maintain gardens by fertilising, weeding and trimming
- Prune trees and hedges
- Operate and install irrigation and drainage systems
- Operate machinery
- Various general garden maintenance duties as required
What are we looking for?
- A strong desire to become qualified in Parks and Gardens
- Ability to undertake manual/physical work
- Punctual, reliable and energetic
- Certificate II in Building & Construction or Horticulture (Highly regarded)
- White card
- Previous experience working in a team
- Strong work etiquette
- Must have a drivers licence and own transport
- Commitment and determination to complete a 4 year apprenticeship
Please note: Police check will be conducted on the successful candidate.
What's in it for you?
- A full time job (38 hours)
- TAFE training
- We will provide your PPE, so no need to purchase your own!
- One on one mentoring and support
- Weekly pay
- Monthly RDO
Established in 1993, MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
So, what are you waiting for?
Make 2019 the year you launch your Parks & Gardens career and set the path to success! Apply Now! Any further enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact Elyse on (03) 8878 5427.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
*** Please apply here: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWx5c2Uua2Vza2VzaWFkaXMuOTUzMTYuNzMyOUBtZWd0YXUuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t ***
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.