School Based Commercial Cookery Apprenticeship - 1st Year - Mt Nathan BUSY At Work Career and Placement
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
16th July 2021
Gold Coast, QLD
Our client is an events business located in Mt Nathan and they are currently seeking a School Based Commercial Cookery Apprentice to complete their qualifications.
If you love the hospitality industry and would like to gain experience then look no further! A wonderful opportunity currently exists for an Apprentice to obtain their Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
- Food prep (Canaps, Alternate drop Entre, alternate drop main course, Buffet (traditional roast and gourmet buffet), Feasting Style Main Course.
- Plate up canaps, main course dishes.
- Prepare garnishes from onsite garden - flowers, herbs etc.
- Main clean environment.
- Receive and store stock.
- Prepare Vegan dishes and other dietary requirements such as gluten free and dairy free.
- Plating of wedding cake with whipped cream and raspberry coulis.
- Prepare sauces, gravy and stocks etc.
- Serve buffet stations to customers and restock buffet stations.
- Prepare sandwiches for wakes and other events.
- Position available from February 2021.
- Have a willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be honest and have the ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- Be willing to obtain your RSA for Hospitality.
- Be willing to acquire your QLD Tafe COVID safe for dining Certificate.
- Availability on weekends.
- Passion for Industry - Hospitality and Events Management/Kitchen/Gardens
- Hard worker/physically fit to maintain long periods on their feet.
- Can be School Based.
- Be committed to completing your Apprenticeship.
Working Day/Hours: Friday shift 11am to 5pm.
APPLY NOW to be considered!
BUSY At Work assist employers and apprentices in connecting to create positive and fruitful apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities.