School Based Traineeship - Retail The Apprenticeship Community
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
24th January 2024
Due to continued growth our Melville client (part of one of the largest sandwich chains in the world) is looking to recruit motivated and driven school-based trainees to join the team.
As well as preparing and serving delicious sandwiches, you will meet and greet guests and deliver exceptional guest service.
If you have a winning attitude, looking to start a career in the food industry and currently a full-time student enrolled in secondary education in Western Australia, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Food preparation including bread and cookie baking
- Ensure food storage and preparation areas are maintained according to Health & Safety standards
- Comply with required Food Standards practices
- Till Operation
- Monitoring stock levels
- Follow security & safety procedures
- Maintain a safe working environment for team members and guests
- Maintain high personal presentation in the provided uniform
- Work as a team member
- Deliver a high standard of service when dealing with guest needs
We are looking for friendly, reliable and self-motivated school students who are keen to complete a nationally recognised qualification, a Certificate 2 in Retail.
To apply you must:
- Have good communication skills
- Be fast & efficient
- Be self motivated and have high attention to detail
- Be enrolled as a full time student in secondary education in Western Australia
Successful applicants must also be willing to pick up additional hours on weekends.
After discussing this opportunity with your parents and school Career Counsellor or VET Coordinator (they must approve), please forward your resume to be considered for an interview.