Solid Plastering Apprenticeship - 3rd or 4th Year - Toowoomba BUSY At Work Career and Placement
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
15th October 2020
Darling Downs, QLD
Our client, has over 30 years of industry experience in plastering of all types of properties from domestic residences to commercial properties. They are currently seeking a 3rd or 4th Year Solid Plastering Apprentice to complete their qualification.
This is a fabulous opportunity for a 3rd or 4th year Apprentice looking for variety and an eagerness to complete their Certificate III in Solid Plastering. You will be:
- determining plasterboard layout, and installing insulation and vapour barriers
- measuring, marking and cutting plasterboard, lifting and positioning panels, and securing them to walls, ceilings and battens
- preparing corner beads and securing them in position
- fixing pre-cast cornices, panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings
- covering joins and nail holes with wet plaster and sealing compounds, and smoothing them using wet brushes -and sand paper
- mixing and applying coats of plaster, cement and render to structures using trowels, and levelling and smoothing coats to uniform thickness
- plumbing and straightening corners, angles and wall and ceiling surfaces
- creating decorative textures in finishing coats
- applying and finishing acoustic, insulating and fireproofing materials bonded with plaster, plastic cement and similar materials and fastening to walls, battens or ceilings using nails or screws
- fitting cornice, mouldings and ceiling centre pieces
- sanding surfaces using sand paper or power sanders.
- working with plasterboard sheets vary in size up to 6m lengths and up to 16mm thick and weigh up to 50kg (larger sheets are typically handled by 2 workers and lifted from floor to overhead positions).
- working on heights ladders and working platforms used.
- using hand tools such as Stanley knives, hammers, tape measures, levels, hand trowels, sanding blocks, hand saws and screw drivers are used.
- accessing sites involving the use of stairs typically in indoor settings.
- Have a current Driver's License and car
- Be Fit and Healthy
- Have a good attitude and outgoing personality
- Working Days and hours are Monday to Friday, varying 6am to 3pm.
APPLY NOW to be considered!
BUSY At Work assist employers and apprentices in connecting to create positive and fruitful apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities.