Telecommunications Traineeship MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
2nd September 2020
This position is a 2 year traineeship, which will include on and off the job training to gain a Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology. The Trainee Telecommunications Technician is responsible for handling support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. The Trainee will provide technical solutions in the area of television reception, data and home entertainment systems.
Some of the functions you will learn, include:
- Installation of TV antennas and associated equipment safely
- Installation of TV's, data outlets and instruct on their operation
- Fault find TV reception issues
- Set up home theatre equipment and wall mount TV's
- Conduct site surveys for TV reception and carry out quotations
Additional duties and services may include:
- Installation of 3G/4GX antennas and associated equipment as part of a Telstra contract
- Install and instruct on the use of Tunstall Healthcare medical alarms and equipment
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and complete off the job training. You will also require or be able to obtain the following before commencement:
- White Card
- Working Safely at Heights certificate
- Drivers Licence
- National Police Clearance
- Interpersonal skills - Communication skills, active listening and customer care
- Technical skills and genuine interest in technology
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment and be self-motivated
If this sounds like the position for you and you would like to work in a rewarding and satisfying role with lots of opportunities to further your career, please send your resume and cover letter now.
If you have any questions, please contact Emma Callinan on (07) 3387 0684.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
*** Please apply here: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZW1tYS5jYWxsaW5hbi4yOTUyMy43MzI5QG1lZ3RhdS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 ***
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.