Trainee Arboriculturalist - Elevated Work Platform MEGT (AUSTRALIA) LTD
Important: Be careful- Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious report this job ad.
2nd September 2021
Eastern Suburbs, VIC
MEGT Recruitment and Management Services currently seek an Trainee Arboriculturalist to work within local council. This position is based at Kew Depot but is expected to work across all locations as required.
Primary Objective or role:
To work as part of a team, developing knowledge of Arboricultural techniques and equipment to undertake a range of tree works on Council trees. This will include emergency response work, power line clearance, tree pruning and tree removal.
- Pruning, felling and chipping of trees in a safe and efficient manner with due regard for all relevant standards
- Use technical expertise and skill to assess tree works required and undertake these works in accordance with OH&S requirements and industry best practice
- Safely operate, maintain and adjust arboricultural tools and equipment
- Ensure all request and works management processes are followed and related data and information is accurately recorded in a timely manner in our asset management system, and other corporate systems
- Support and contribute to a team culture where high performance, innovation and continually thinking about the way we work improves the experience for our customers and staff
This is an amazing opportunity for a genuine and focused career starter. Over the 2 year Traineeship contract you will work towards and may obtain the following:
- Certificate 3 in Arboriculture
- Current UET20312 Certificate II in ESI Powerline Vegetation Control
- Experience maintaining trees adjacent to live electrical apparatus
- Elevated work platform licence
- Traffic management
- First aid level 2
- Manual handling
- Medium rigid vehicle up to 22.4 tonnes GVM (EWP, chipper truck and crane truck)
- Relevant practical experience undertaking tree maintenance, pruning and removal works in a variety of conditions and locations
- Experience in the maintenance and operation of chainsaws
- Experience accessing and maintaining trees using current best practice rope and harness techniques
Key Selection Criteria:
- Car driver's licence
- A demonstrated prior interest to horticulture
- An understanding of trees
- An interest in machinery and mechanics
- Professional approach when dealing with members of the public
- Can-do attitude with a strong commitment to looking for better ways of working for our customers
- A keen interest in self-development, feedback and overall improvement
- Team fit, with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Satisfactory completion of a National Police Record Check, Working with Children Check, and pre-employment Medical Check
What's in it for you?
- 24 month Traineeship
- A full time job (38 hours p/w)
- Weekly Pay
- Paid study time
- One on one on the job mentoring and training
- Opportunity to gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification (Certificate III in Arboriculture)
- Opportunity for Career Progression
Established in 1982, MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
So, what are you waiting for?
Make 2021 the year that you launch your Aboriculture career and set the path to success! Apply Now! Any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact sally @megt .com.au (no spaces please)
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, trainees, job seekers and students for over 30 years. Our experienced local consultants work across every state in Australia, the ACT, and in the UK.
We are committed to providing quality employment, training and education solutions. Whether your goal is to kick start your career, grow your business or develop and secure your future, MEGT can help.